Thursday, February 24, 2005

The G street Arc

I Cad Grublygold am sick an tired of rain, the water in Bear Creek has been rising daily. Only by mad sandbagging have I managed to save my seedy underworld deep under G street. The other day, I began construction on a great Arc, placing onto it every rodent and stray house pet I could find. ( Grass Weasels are not allowed on my Arc.) Noah however must have had divine help in keeping his animals at peace with one another, because my Arc is one of most heinous discord. I lost most of my animals to squabbling and preditation within the first day. The raccoons ate all the newts, the skunks ate anything resembling an egg, and my stray dingo ate most everything else, including my left shoe. So then it was pretty much just a great Arc with the skunks slouching against one side, eyeing the dingo with hungry eyes, and the dingo in turn was giving the beady eyes to the surviving raccoons who were pacing nervously clenching and un clenching their tinny fists in anticipation of trouble. Then of course there was the tough stray cat Muffin who leered at me through his one squinty eye, and toyed menacingly with the big knife he wore strapped between his shoulder blades. Things would no doubt have spiraled horribly out of control, but a local jogger noticed the unrest, and notified the local animal control. The round up went peaceful enough, until one of the poor fools reached out to grab Muffins by the scruff of the neck, I’ll spare you the gory details, so let’s just say that some were around here is a really tough cat wearing a necklace made from human ears. So with my Arc a total bust, I’m back to simply trying to stay ahead of the rising water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home