Thursday, May 26, 2005

Part 2 Get Alot For What You Got

Just when all hope was lost however, my fortunes changed in an instant. A giant bum, seeing my white shirt produced a black pen, and began using me as an IOU. His writing complete, he picked me off the floor and thrust me into the arms of the small cashier. Here he screamed!!! Now give me food!!!! Seizing my chance, I hopped from the arms of the startled cashier, and made a mad dash for the deep fryer, collecting taco fixings by the armload as I ran. Arriving at my destination in the back, I began to franticly assemble what I had collected in to the shape of a #6 with all the trimmings. But just as I started, there was a loud splintering crash behind me. The front counter, under tremendous strain had finely given way, spilling a mass of humanity out into the small kitchen. With the way open to them, the kitchen became a war zone, pots and pans flew, diced tomatoes and chopped onions changed hands faster than the eye could follow. Taco and tostada shells were ground into dust beneath the feet of hundreds. To my left, the giant bum was attempting to stuff the store manager head first into the deep fryer. To my right, a hunger crazed tramp was mashing his own hand in the quesadilla maker while screaming “would you like hot sauce with that sir!!!!!” With the onset of open war fast approaching, I wisely gathered what I had managed to put together, and fled towards the back door. Safely away I turned to watch the carnage that continued to play out behind me. The police had finally arrived, and began launching teargas in an effort to clear the crowd. High pressure water canons joined the effort, and soon order began to take shape. With the show over, I wondered back down to the creek and was soon enjoying a sunny picnic. The contents of my order were slightly mixed, but I had managed to put together a passable feast given all that I had gone through to get it.

This was what I escaped with.

1 half a Tostada shell, topped with onions and fry grease.

1 Tortilla partly fried topped with chip dust and lettuce.

1 Rat, (not sure were I picked him up) covered head to toe with hot sauce.

1 Deep fried employee name badge rather scuffed, still pinned to a shirt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Captain Mog said...

Sounds like a typical Del Taco meal ta' me, Cad-maboy.

May 26, 2005 at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home