Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Last Days Of My Tower

The days tic by until the scheduled removal of my tower, which I rely on for net access. As of this writing, there remain only 24 short hours to come up with a plan. Deep inside my fortified bunker, cleverly disguised as a Rohedendron bush, my forces are gathering. Only a miracle will prevent this stand off from exploding into the next Ruby Ridge. Outside my bunker the city commissioners are prowling about in preparation for the up coming assault on my precious life line to the outside world. Keeping well out of rifle range they have spent the past few days practicing the destruction of my tower by blowing up trees with rocket launchers, and conducting simulated raids on Rohedendron bushes similar to that under which my bunker lies. In side my bunker, I have amassed the dirty forces of Merced. The castoffs of society gather to me, egar to fight. For this struggle represents more than just a home made receiving tower, this is a fight for the rights of those whom society has deemed un fit. For if my tower is allowed to fall, next could go the shanty towns and crack houses that are a mainstay of homeless life in this town. Further talks are scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, but at this point they are more of a formality, this fight has been brewing for far too long, and all it needed was the spark to set it ablaze. I have at this point resigned my self to fight, as I do not believe that the town leaders will allow them selves to loose face and stand down, time my friends will tell the tale. The following is a brief summary of the last few days leading up to this final battle for homeless justice.

Friday April 22. Spent much of the morning moving supplies and ammo into my bunker, and briefly consulted with my top generals, Jeb of R street. And Jin of Mckee Ave. The meeting was progressing well until Jeb and Jin came to a disagreement on the correct placement of the boiling oil cauldrons to be used in repelling an assault. Jeb insisted that they be placed directly above our own heads, “they’d never expect that” Jin insisted that we should be standing in them so as to have something to duck into should they start shooting at us. The argument between my top generals only escalated until in a blind rage, Jin shoved a live 45 round up Jeb’s nose, then attempted to set it off by throwing wild haymakers.

Saturday April 23. The great hobo king, Smellabad The Wise arrived with his army of vagabonds and no-account’s. After a brief discussion it was decided that the Molotov Cocktails could be put to better use as a cold beverage, than as a fighting weapon. After more drunken debating we also drank the gasoline in the flame throughers. Besides the usual and expected deaths related to drinking pure gasoline, one poor fellow was vaporized after he casually tossed his cigarette down while urinating. The resulting fire took the rest of the night to suppress, and cost us most of our supplies. Investigation of the incident leads me to conclude that smoking and peeing after drinking gasoline, should be regarded as un safe.

Sunday April 24. Spent the day nursing a hangover, and picking through the charred ruins of the bunker complex. After brief consultation with my top guys it was decided that the defense of my tower was in no way affected by last night’s fiasco, and that our strengths still exceeded that of the city planning commissions.

Monday April 25. Last ditch talks with the city board broke down after Jeb, while trying to prove an important point accidentally urinated on the Mayors leg. The enraged mayor declared that “Only a violent and messy conclusion to this conflict would satisfy him at this point” I’m not exactly clear as to his intent, but I do believe he has declared open war as the only option left to us.

Tuesday April 26. So here I am, surrounded by Merceds finest drunks. Facing a tough and determined city force hundreds strong, every man willing to die to defend his own flawed point of view. This may well be my final post. Only tomorrow will tell............How did it ever come to this………dear god have mercy on us all…………..

1 Comments:

Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Damnit Grublygold, you hold fast. Do you hear me? Hold fast! All manner of deranged reinforcements are en route as we speak from the South. We'll be there in late August.

(Hey, what do you want from us? There are lots of shiny things in the Oleander bushes that line the 99.)

April 28, 2005 at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home