Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentines *&%#@ Day

Despite all my efforts to stave of this past holiday, ( Running in circles counter clockwise does not turn back time) Valentines Day has again arrived. For all those who have sweethearts to warm their beds on cold rainy nights, FUCK YOU!! You need read no further. For all the rest of you, you may have an idea what I feel at this time every year. It has been almost 18 years since I have had a girlfriend, and now living under a bridge like I am, I can only look forward to another 18 years of the same.
I spent this past Valentines Day in much the same fashion as I have spent the last 18, sobbing drunkenly on the urine stained floor of a shithole bar clutching at the hem of the waitress’s dress every time she passed by. At two in the morning when they finally tossed me out I crawled to my Drunken Train Dodge Bridge, and sat on the tracks clutching my knees and listening to Leonard Cohen songs until I passed out and fell off the bridge into the creek. (Whew thank god it’s over) With this holidays passing, every day now brings me farther away from it, instead of towards it, and that is definitely a good thing for the sake of my sanity.

HAPPY @&*%$ VALENTINES DAY.

1 Comments:

Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Drunkenly dodging trains and weeping broken-heartedly builds character--everybody knows that.

February 19, 2006 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home