Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I did not before today think it possible that one could laugh so hard that his spleen would come out his nose, but after hours in the hospital having a team of doctors painfully stuffing my spleen back into it’s proper place, I am now a much wiser man. My mistake was simple enough, I strolled into the local Barnes & Noble in Merced, and began browsing through the various new country albums. Barnes & Noble has a neat feature that allows one to swipe a CD across a scanner, then listen to a thirty second preview of any song on the album. All was going well until I came across Willy Nelsons newest song titled,
Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond Of Each Other. By god, there ought to be a warning on this one!! I played the song woefully unprepared for it’s content, and what happened next I have already mentioned.
After my release from the hospital I returned to Barnes & Noble where they gave me a free copy of this album due to my earlier troubles in the store. I now plan to take this CD back under my bridge and attempt once more to listen to this song at really low volume while wearing earplugs to prevent a repeat of my earlier mishap. One day I might be able to turn the volume up, and perhaps even remove the earplugs once I have built up an immunity to the song. I do not wish by any means to discourage one from buying this album, but be aware that this one particular song should be approached with extreme caution.

6 Comments:

Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Hey, rumor has it that inside every cowboy is a lady who'd love to slip out.

(I can neither confirm nor deny.)

February 24, 2006 at 12:44 AM  
Blogger bloggin the Question said...

And conversely, every lady would love a cowboy to slip inside, providing he was sufficiently clean of course.

February 26, 2006 at 6:29 AM  
Blogger Latigo Flint said...

Hey Grublygold, you don't mind if I hit on your commenters, do you?

February 28, 2006 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Cad Grublygold said...

Not at all Flint, hit away.........right after I take a shot.

February 28, 2006 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Captain Mog said...

Wasn't that the title song ta' Brokeback Mountain. And am I the only one who sees the irony in calling a gay-cowboy movie Brokeback Mountain?

March 1, 2006 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Cad Grublygold said...

No Gil.................I'm quite sure you're not the only one to see the irony.

March 1, 2006 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home